1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FSU QB makes big mistake -- assaults woman and doesn't hide the video evidence

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Jul 6, 2015.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

From Page 1 when we were still only talking about Johnson:

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

What the hell, Florida State? When did this become a sport in Tallahassee?

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

It's a very hard lesson to learn -- to get away with something like that, you need to be a Heisman candidate.

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

What is it about FSU that makes young, petite, attractive, white female college students turn into violent, intimidating, racist homicidal maniacs when they encounter Seminole Football Players? Is there a special training program for these poor unfortunate football players to learn how to defend themselves against unarmed, drunk, hotties?

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Makes you long for the days when the biggest issue was players receiving free shoes.

6. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Obviously the assaults are the worst part, but this runs a close second:

"They kept telling me they were football players," the woman said. "They kept telling me to Google them. They told me they were football players and they could buy me in two years."

This, to me, is evidence Fisher is doing an awful job. This would enrage me if I were a school president or athletic director. Because this clearly shows just how entitled nearly ever kid in this program feels. They know the local police will cover up their bullshit. They know the campus police will look the other way. They know the prosecutor will be reluctant to prosecute them. They have been made to believe they are gods, and that falls on Fisher. That's why FSU is broken. Yes, it's the kind of kids you're recruiting. But it's also the environment and culture that fosters this kind of behavior. Sure it exists at a lot of campuses, but when you've 20 cases in the last six years of FSU athletes committing sexual or criminal assaults on women (that's a real number Paula Levine came up with after an investigation) that's a culture problem. That's a fanbase that is so blinded by their desire to get back to the top of CFB, they'll turn any accuser into a goldigging, lying slut, and taunt and harass any woman who happens to be on the wrong end of a punch from an football player. It's gross.

7. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Who did this cornpone learn under again? Oh yeah, Les Miles and Nick Saban.

8. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

He won't hear shit. No, he'll hear it and then say "no further questions" and end the interview. Bitch-ass hick.

9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

At some point enough of it piles up and he'll get sacked behind it. Like after two losing seasons in a row.

10. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Plus, the Bowden family. From a 2014 article:

"Fisher and Bowden go way back. Fisher, who turns 49 in October, was born in Clarksburg, W.Va., where Bowden made his mark coaching the West Virginia Mountaineers. Fisher was a quarterback who went to Salem College in West Virginia, where his head coach was Terry Bowden, son of Bobby. When Terry Bowden took the Samford job, Fisher transferred with him and in 1987 was named Division III national player of the year.

"Samford was Bobby Bowden’s alma mater (it was called Howard College then). Fisher joined Terry Bowden’s Samford staff and then moved with Terry Bowden to Auburn, coaching quarterbacks."

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

As much as I rip on the NCAA, and not to turn this into too much of a pissing match, but I still think the NCAA was justified in absolutely hammering Penn State for Sandusky, before they chickened out. The whole culture of glorifying winning games over the health and safety of citizens needs to be destroyed, and you'd think, after that episode, that the communities would be a little less ready to put these athletes and coaches on the pedestals.

heyabbott likes this.
  12. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

For many of the big programs, a 9-3 season is a failure, or an embarrassment. That's absurd.

Draft saved Draft deleted