1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FSU QB makes big mistake -- assaults woman and doesn't hide the video evidence

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Jul 6, 2015.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I dunno. I think she was still making forward progress.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

it was the fuck rule

as in "Oh Fuck" he's gonna beat me

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Getting Ace or Jay Farrar worked up is tough.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

She deserved to be punched, but probably by another woman.

5. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Yeah, probably.

6. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

My wife looked at the video. I asked her what she thinks I should have done in the same situation. She said emphatically, "don't hit her."
    But she also said if she had seen what was happening from across the bar, she'd have kicked the girl's ass.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I like your wife, hondo.

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

A few years after I graduated, there was some fun controversy at a couple of the bars I frequented. They used to have "Ladies Night", like a lot of places do. Only they allowed women in 18 and over to party, 21 to drink. Men, on the other hand, were only allowed in if they were over 21.

A couple of 19-year-old guys threatened to sue for gender discrimination. So the bars then just allowed people over 21, and the story was that the underage women were pissed off at the guys for ruining their fun time.

Eventually, the bars went back to allowing 18 and overs in, regardless of gender, because they were losing too much revenue from the cover charges.

9. DeskMonkey1

DeskMonkey1 Active Member

He had his hands on her before she hit him so she's in no way at fault. I hate to imagine what he was trying to do before she fought back.

10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

At only 6'0" 180, the former All-State QB was in fear for his life from a drunk college girl. He needed to smack her up side the head.

11. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

And as he threw the punch, he yelled "Fuck her right in the pussy!"

12. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

He is an idiot but she should also have been arrested for assault. Period.

I repeat - he should be arrested and kicked off the football team for being an idiot and men should not hit women.

But she should also have been arrested for assault and that point isn't even really arguable watching the video.

Draft saved Draft deleted