1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FSN Final Score

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ondeadline, Feb 28, 2007.

1. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

I know this show gets lost because it's not on ESPN, but I really like it as an alternative. I set my DVR to record that each night and it gives you the highlights from nearly every Top 25 basketball, NHL and NBA game and you don't get the BS that you get on SportsCenter.

They also make it easy to find the game highlight you want. They have a list going down the right side (kind of like Pardon the Interruption) that tells you what's coming up. For me, I skip to the NHL and college-basketball highlights.

You obviously don't get analysis on this. But if you're just looking for highlights, this is the place to go.

The show is 30 minutes long and completely without schtick. My only reservation with it is when Van Earl Wright is on. And if you're wondering where<a href="http://gorillamask.net/espntech.shtml">
    Danyelle "what the F was that" Sargent</a> landed after her F-bomb no doubt ended her time at ESPN, she's one of the Final Score anchors.

The best part: You can go through an entire show right now without a reference to the NFL!

2. markvid

markvid Guest

It's too much like Bloomberg.
    Way too many graphics on the screen.

3. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Graphics vs. SportsCenter shtick. I don't really like either one, to be honest. But at least it's easier to find what you want to see.

4. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Be interested in seeing what their Time Spent Watching numbers are.

It's great to tune into for a few minutes. For longer? Not so much.

And Van Earl has made a career out of having an annoying on-air persona/voice.

5. WSKY

WSKY Member

it's a lot like ESPNEWS, only no repeats.

Draft saved Draft deleted