1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FS1's Katie Nolan with TKO of Rick Reilly

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Steak Snabler, Jan 29, 2014.

1. bigbadeagle

bigbadeagle Member

Reilly sucks.
    Simmons sucks.
    If you look diligently enough, you can find Charissa Thompson's topless modeling photos.

2. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Ding!

3. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

What separates Reilly from Kornheiser?
    Both seem to think they have some comedic talent.
    MNF Kornheiser was the worst TV personality of the last 25 years.

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Putting Tony on MNF was one of those classic bad ideas that show how television works. It's the old "Yes, Minister" theorem of "We must do something. This is something. Therefore, we must do this." Nobody outside ESPN thought it'd be anything but a disaster and so it was.

5. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

For one thing, Kornheiser spends about two-thirds of his time on his radio and TV shows making fun of himself.

For another, he hasn't written anything for publication in probably 10 years.

6. 3_Octave_Fart

Kornheiser is a contentious, often hateful little ball of shit who has been in many personal scuffles, trying to get his critics fired, etc.
    Reilly doesn't have that wafer-thin epidermal layer.

7. 3_Octave_Fart

Kornheiser's humorism was ripped straight from Dave Barry.

8. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Except he's been in the business slightly longer than Barry. Not sure where the "hateful little ball of shit" came from. I don't know Kornheiser, but I have enjoyed his radio and TV shows for many years. I would compare him to a late-night host, in that his brand of humor is not everyone's cup of tea. And I have no doubt he has an ego, but I don't know many columnists who don't.

9. 3_Octave_Fart

This is common knowledge.
    I don't care if you're a fan.
    He's been difficult to work with, he is spiteful and it's well-documented.
    Try a Google search.
    My point is that I don't believe Reilly has that same disposition.
    There was a rumor of a heated argument with some on-air talent at ESPN about getting the credit on a newsbreak.

10. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Care to show your work? I am not doubting it, but I guess I'm just not up on my journalism current events. Never heard such a thing.

11. 3_Octave_Fart

Dude- do your own work before refuting something that's been out there for years.
    I'm not here to win a medal.

12. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Meh. Not refuting anything. Id imagine if there was something out there that merited him being called a hateful little ball of shit I might have heard of it. Don't really care one way or the other. Just seems personal. Whatever.

Draft saved Draft deleted