1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Frying kittens. Starman justice needed here

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Smallpotatoes, Aug 15, 2006.

1. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Kittens Thrown in Frying Pan in N.Y.
    By Associated Press
    6 hours ago

BUFFALO, N.Y. - Five kittens thrown into a frying pan with pork chops and hot oil were recovering at an animal shelter Monday, and the man accused of scalding them was awaiting a court appearance.

The kittens, about six or seven weeks old, were injured Saturday when a visitor threw them into the cooking pan, authorities said.

The kittens suffered slightly burned skin and are expected to recover.

The resident of the apartment had left the kitchen, where he was cooking at the stove, when the kittens were scorched.

"The (visitor) started taking his clothes off, took two kittens, put them in the frying pan with the hot oil and pork chops and began swishing them around," said Charles Loubert Sr., an animal control officer. "Then he threw one kitten on the floor and he took the other one and wiped it off on the wall. Then he put three more kittens into the frying pan."

Police said they anticipated the suspect, whose identity was not released, would be charged Tuesday with animal cruelty.

2. pallister

pallister Guest

Why was he taking his clothes off? Kittens might have gotten off easy.

3. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

What an amateur. You're supposed to skin the kittens, put them in the fridge for several hours with a dry rub coating of oregano, fresh pepper and a twinge of chili powder, then sautee with green peppers and red onions, adding a touch of linguini at the end. I mean, who wants to pick fur out from their teeth?

4. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I'm not a cat guy, but they should let the kittens paw at his catnip-covered nutsack for a few hours.

5. Cadet

Cadet Guest

That's an awesome punishment.

What's the O/U this guy was tweaking?

6. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I don't think I've ever read anything so disturbing.

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

There's a joke there somewhere.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

Outing alert: PDB is a cook at a Chinese buffet. :D

9. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Heck yeah. I work at Wong Foo's Mortuary and All-Nite Diner: Where Mom's Secret Ingredient is Mom.

10. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Reminds me of a Chinese food buffet chain in Alebrta (could hae been bigger, all I know is they had restraunts in Edmonton and Calgary) called Foody Goody. Was shut down a few years ago when it was discovered at least one of the restraunts was using stray cat and dogs in their dishes.

Draft saved Draft deleted