1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Frye traded to Seahawks

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Sep 11, 2007.

1. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

After giving up 35 points to the Giants, a better pash rush and better run defense seems like a need there.

p.s. Watching Browns press conference on ESPN News, Derek Anderson was named the starter, Quinn the backup.

2. dawgpounddiehard

dawgpounddiehard Active Member

Bengals 42, Browns 7

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I would rather it be the other way, but unfortunately, you might be right. Browns' three quarterbacks now have 18 games of NFL experience.

Maybe if they fire Romeo and hire Marty Schottenheimer they could turn things around someday.

4. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

On the NFL thread, I said the Bengals would go far if they could force 5 turnovers every game. If Anderson starts this week, 5 more next game seems like a lock.

Seriously, though, the Bengals don't exactly have a good D. Doesn't it make a lot of sense to bring Brady into the NFL in this one?

5. BRoth

BRoth Member

Starting Cincinnati DEF in fantasy football this week!

6. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I just picked them up when I saw this thread.

7. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

8. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Sad part is, I'm dead serious when I say that. Say what you want about Schottenheimer, he builds teams into contenders. He might never finish win a Super Bowl or even coach in one, but the playoffs would sound great to any Browns fan right about now. And Martyball has almost always been good for at least that much.

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I know you're being sarcastic, but they really will need one. Julius Jones will walk next year, and Marion Barber is unproven as anything other than a third-down or goal-line back. If Barber shows he can handle the job, then maybe the Cowboys trade down for a cover corner and pass rusher (which IMO they need worse than WRs).

10. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I'm not willing to trade the future, no matter how bleak, to have that POS back involved with the team.

Ever.

Motherfucking prevent defense. God. It still causes heart palpitations.

That being said, wake me when this franchise stops being an embarrassment. Gracias.

11. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

If they can't lure Bill Cowher there (and Steeler fans I know are deathly afraid of that happening) then Marty wouldn't be a bad choice at all.

12. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Apparently you're going to be the next Rip Van Winkle.

Draft saved Draft deleted