1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FRS energy drinks

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Aug 3, 2009.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Anybody tried this brand yet?

Most of the others taste like crap and/or are loaded with sugar. This stuff isn't and, therefore, shouldn't result in a crash when the sugar wears off.

There's an article in the newest Men's Journal that hints WADA might be ban this stuff because it works too well. That seems excessive, but if it's that good I might try it.

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Sugar-free Red Bull for me. Never tried another kind. Prolly never will.

3. RossLT

RossLT Guest

I used to drink Pomegranate Rockstar like it was water, then I realized how bad they are. Still tasted good though.

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

That's my go-to. Though I'll mix in a Red Bull Cola if the place I'm at has it. Not bad at all.

Can't stand regular Red Bull.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  5. JackReacher

I don't mind regular Red Bull. Sometimes, that's all that's left in the cafeteria at work. But I much, MUCH prefer the sugar-free version. Lately, though, I've been getting a large coffee instead. More for less cash.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  6. jlee

jlee Active Member

Nutritional info, for those interested:

https://secure.frs.com/vip/ctrl/info.aspx

As for me: I'll probably steer clear of anything but coffee from here on out. Energy drinks, and the fact that my generation is the first to have a lifelong exposure to them, scare me in the long term. I have likely already ruined my endocrine system or something.

Not tsk,tsking anyone who drinks them, but I used to knock down a few 36-ouncers a day. That can't be good.

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

FRS= Free Range Sugar?

???

8. JackReacher

They make 36 ozers? Good lord, man. It's a wonder you haven't keeled over yet.

On my trip to Texas, about 2,000 miles over three days, I probably drank six or seven 16 ozers.

9. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I love them all. I also probably have a brain tumor from my cell phone and will probably die of diabetes or a heart attack.

I figure live while you can.

The Monster M-80 or whatever it is with the yellow writing that tastes like pineapple juice and crack? Heaven on earth.

10. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

If it sounds to good to be true, it probably is.

11. 21

21 Well-Known Member

FRS stands for Free Radical Scavenger...and a lot of people think this stuff is total scam. Without posting 100 links here, just google the name of the product, see what you get.

12. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Active Member

Yes, it is.

But I've switched to something called HyDrive — made from spring water, not carbonated, 6g of sugar, shitload of caffeine, 30 calories per bottle. Good shit, too.

Draft saved Draft deleted