1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Frontline to look at Bush-press relationship, industry, future (PART 1 TONIGHT)

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Feb 12, 2007.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Active Member

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/newswar/preview/

The overview:

Part 1, Tuesday:

Part 2, Tuesday next:

Part 3, Tuesday following:

Part 4, March 27:

I look forward to this series.

2. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Re: 'Frontline' to look at Bush-press relationship, industry, future

I can't wait to see this. Frontline is one of the only non-sports shows I watch anymore on TV.

This should be great. Thanks for posting this, coffee. :)

3. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Heard a brief snippet of an interview with the producer on Fresh Air tonight. Downloadable at npr.org for those interested.

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Active Member

De nada.

For a moment I was wondering if anybody had seen the thread at all, given the rapidity with which it slipped off Page 1.

5. Rick Shanley

Rick Shanley Member

I watched this last night and thought it was well done, as all Frontline documentaries are, although I started to nod off during the in-depth discussion about the Plame case. It became less and less about media in general and more about the elite -- the elite politicians and the elite journalists -- and after a while of watching them stab each other in the back, it really gets boring. Both sides are so arrogant. I liked how this portion of the documentary ended by saying the Plame case was really nothing more than political games. Don't get me wrong -- I hate Bush -- but I'm growing more and more weary of the New York Times and Washington Post, too.

Draft saved Draft deleted