1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

From whence came you?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Driftwood, Feb 16, 2020.

1. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Little remembered fact: the kid in that video who plays little Roth is also the toadie in A Christmas Story, Grover something, Scut Farkus’s right hand man

Last edited: Feb 19, 2020
    OscarMadison likes this.
  2. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Born in Toronto in 1965, have lived in the Toronto suburbs all my life. Worked in a number of areas until landing in the hockey business in 2000, been there ever since and will hopefully be in it until I retire.

maumann likes this.
  3. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

And I once had the diamond-hard look of a cobra.

4. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Will be 39 in a few months - same birthday as Moddy, but younger. Lived in Virginia my entire life and think I'm in Richmond for the long haul. Spent the better part of a decade in journalism before leaving, first for a professional association and more recently for a government authority. Married with three boys.

maumann likes this.
  5. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Grover Dill.

I'd forgotten how much presence David Lee Roth had back in the day.

6. jackfinarelli

jackfinarelli Well-Known Member

Born in Philadelphia in 1943. Grew up in the western suburbs of Philly; went to Penn for undergrad and Drexel for grad school. Majored in chemistry and got a PhD in physical chemistry from Drexel in 1970.

Met my wife in undergrad school and we have been married now for 53.5 years. We have 2 kids; one is a professor of biology in Dublin, Ireland (46 years old) and the other is a culinary instructor/chef (43 years old).

Moved to northern Virginia in 1970 and began what turned out to be a 31-year career with the CIA in the Research and Development business. Retired from there and began a sports blog because that is the kind of thing that has interested me since I was 4 years old - - that and doing baseball play-by-play which I tried to do in college and was very bad at.

My motto is: I plan to live forever; so far, so good.

HanSenSE, misterbc, Dog8Cats and 3 others like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted