1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

From the spank-bank time machine: Weird Science getting a reboot

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TigerVols, Apr 19, 2013.

1. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

If devoting more than 30 seconds of my life to any post is what's required, I'll gladly pass.

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

All BYH needed is eight.

3. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

It's way too low. SKOW, 16 Candles & Pretty in Pink were all the same movie, and Some Kind of Wonderful was the best of them. The Mary Stuart Masterson character was as good as anyone in his movies.

Lucas was great.

4. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Isn't Sixteen Candles a comedy? If what you say is true, I'm going to greatly regret that $4.99 I dropped on Amazon. Some Kind of Wonderful and Pretty in Pink are unrepenting chick-flicks, not even romantic-comedies.

5. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I meant in terms of plot line - all varying permutations of Archie-Betty-Veronica-Reggie. That's the way I remember it, but I'll admit it's been a while.

6. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

That bar scene is freaking hilarious. Anthony Michael Hall with the glasses and the fedora.

"Broke my heart in two..."

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

That's a pretty good list... I would have put Some Kind of Wonderful higher, but then again, I was actually alive when it came out. :D

Sixteen Candles would be somewhere in that top 3.

He has six "modern day classics" or whatever you want to call them with Ferris Bueller, Vacation, Home Alone, Breakfast Club, Planes, Trains and Automobiles and Sixteen Candles. Christmas Vacation is also quite good, but not even remotely close to being as good as the first one...

Uncle Buck is very underrated.

8. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

For the record, I was alive when Some Kind of Wonderful came out. I'm not that young.

9. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

After Vers sees Sixteen Candles, that will then replace Home Alone at 3. Planes, Trains, and Automobiles is still one of the 10 funniest movies I have ever seen.

Oh, and Mizz...... Christmas Vacation > European Vacation

10. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I don't think anyone doesn't agree with Vacation > Christmas Vacation > European Vacation.

11. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

There was a Home Alone 3?

12. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

When they turn Chet into a giant shit, I about lost all composure.

Draft saved Draft deleted