1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

From the "It could only happen to the Royals" category...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by doubledown68, Feb 23, 2010.

1. Yodel

Yodel Active Member

Figures the Royals would get sued for the only strike they threw the whole year.

2. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Three rrr's, my man.

3. doubledown68

Zack Greinke disagrees. If you were a White Sox (Sock?), he'd drill you in the back.

4. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

No way, I loved that guy! (Who, I heard, is doing his thing KC T-Bones games these days. He quit when the Royals asked him to sell beer; he refused, lemonade was his niche, so he quit. Or so I heard.)

5. billikens

billikens Member

I remember playing one of the EA Sports Baseball games a few years (or more) back and you could hear that guy's call in the background every once in a while at Kauffman Stadium. Had to hear it two or three times to believe it.

6. MankyJimy

MankyJimy Active Member

http://www.foxsportskansascity.com/05/24/12/Brett-admires-Jeter-despite-the-pinstrip/landing_royals.html?blockID=735078&feedID=5089

George Brett salutes Jeter as he prepares to pass Brett on the all-time hit list.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Talk about wayward wieners.

8. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Fucking Jimmy.

The infatuation with Jeter borders on the disturbing.

9. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Borders?

10. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Jimy. One 'em.'

Thus pronounced 'jeye - me.'

And Queen Elizabeth decrees that HRH Princess Mary of Denmark operate the hot dog cannon at jubilee.

11. doubledown68

Something tells me Manky wouldn't mind taking Jetes' hot dog to his smush.. not that there's anything wrong with that.

12. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

While his commitment to the character is admirable, the Jon Saraceno-worshipping iteration of Manky was WAY more entertaining.

Draft saved Draft deleted