1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

From sports column to Editorial Board to ... ???

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Bruhman, Jul 11, 2009.

1. clutchcargo

clutchcargo Active Member

Good luck, man.

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Call me when you get there. I'll treat you to a Nationals game. (it will make you want to go back - screaming the whole way!)

3. jemaz

jemaz Member

Deron:

Great column and best of luck. Very classy move.

4. Andy _ Kent

Andy _ Kent Member

Deron:

Nice column. Good luck to you up there in D.C. Even though we were competitors over there in Southwest Florida for all those years I always respected your work and professionalism.

I did find part of this one comment under your column quite insightful for a reader. Unfortunately, it will fall on deaf ears:

5. EE94

EE94 Guest

Just thought this was kinda ironic, "Frederick"

6. Bruhman

Bruhman Active Member

As nasty as the online comments are, I got nearly 80 of the most beautiful, complimentary, touching e-mails that you can imagine.

Many were from folks who said they had never e-mailed me before, but they were fans and faithful readers who appreciated my work and said they'd miss me.

That's why I never lose sleep over online comments.

7. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

The very best to you in your future, Bruh.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

Guess you never bothered to read the text underneath his side sig, where he identifies himself as Deron Snyder.

Between that and missing the entire point of the column, it's good to see you're clueless like usual.

Draft saved Draft deleted