1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

From one diva to another: Move over A-Rod, here comes Favre

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Barsuk, Feb 11, 2009.

1. Both were at home in the outdoors, the venues and stadiums of extraordinary temptation and trial and testing, but also the venues of extraordinary intimacy with the Father.

Both played out-of doors when they began their public football careers.

Both gave their disciples a characteristic play-type. Brett gave his followers a play that involved scrambling and "shooting from the hip". In no time the disciples of Tebow asked him for the same kind of characteristic play, with the result that we shall never be without the “Brett's Prayer Pass.”

Both Brett and Tebow lashed hearers whenever they spoke of God’s severity and the inescapably of God’s judgment. These quarterback's never made excuses for their losses nor took credit for their victories. It was God's will and God's will alone.

Both summoned people to repent after particularly bad losses.

Both discounted the popular notion that God favored individual teams. Salvation was not won by works or offense alone.

Both were born through an uncommon act of God.

And both will have retired through having provoked uncommon rage among men and women.

Brett insisted that the sole purpose of his career was to point away from himself to the one who would come after him - the Tebow. The Tebow, for his part, never uttered one negative word about Brett. Tebow even endorsed Brett's ministry by asking for Brett's number from the team destined to draft him. Indeed the Tebow said, “Among those born of women (that is, of all the people in the world), there is none greater than Brett.”

Matthew 3:1-12

2. Chris goes to Scripture.
    I go to the classics.

[​IMG]

I think we're both right.

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Shit, when is Vick going to be released?

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I think a wolf in a dogfight is "unsporting."

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

How happy is A-Rod about the timing of this announcement?

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/39428822.html

Favre admits that his family and friends were consumed with keeping him informed about how his numbers measured against those of Ro(d)gers and constantly urged him to throw more touchdown passes than his replacement.

You stay classy, Favre friends and family.

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

If I'm not mistaken, he failed.

9. I Digress

I Digress Guest

So Brett.. you're going to play for the Jets because you're interested in adding to your legacy.. .so, how'd that work out?

just sayin'

10. times38

times38 Member

What is this, four straight years with him making a big announcement RE: his future in the middle of some other big story?

What an attention whore.

11. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

I guess this will really push the Beckham drama off the front pages.

Draft saved Draft deleted