1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

From one diva to another: Move over A-Rod, here comes Favre

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Barsuk, Feb 11, 2009.

1. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Just when you thought you would rather slit your wrists than listen to another day of A-Rod coverage permeating every orifice of the WWL, here comes Brett Favre to save the day, apparently letting the Jets know he will retire (again).

And even though Mort was the first one trumpeting it on Mike and Mike, Ed Werder had the initial report, so we can have some small degree of confidence that it's actually, you know, true and stuff.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3898942

Now let's hope for another big story to break tomorrow so we only have to endure one day of Favre fellating.

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Were the Jets planning to draft a QB?

Who's their backup QB?

And the key question of the day ...

How long will he stay retired this time?

3. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

4. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

We're not this lucky. This thing will go all the way to training camp again. Favre's an attention whore and there will be plenty of enablers in the national media.

5. 2muchcoffeeman

I have a Mr. Peter King on the phone for you ... he wants to know how you can possibly hate a national treasure like Brett Favre?

I told him you'd be a few minutes. How long do I leave him hanging on hold before I disconnect him?

6. markvid

markvid Guest

Speaking of Peter, anyone see his story in the SI Steelers commemorative edition? Good Lord, the story started with I and had maybe 30 references to himself.

7. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I got something he can disconnect right here.

8. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

Hey, I got an Emmit Smith Cardinals jersey for sale. Anyone want to trade for a Favre Jets jersey?

9. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

The Brett Favre section of TMQ's bad predictions review is quite a hilarious read, especially the PK stuff.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=easterbrook/090210

10. 2muchcoffeeman

The Peter King addendum is awesome. :D

11. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Favre? It's about (bleeping) time!!

12. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Todd McShay was talking about the Jets drafting that kid out of Kansas St. as their QB as it seems the Jets are set against making Clemens their starting QB.

Draft saved Draft deleted