1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

From Charmingly refreshing to obnoxious jerk

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by heyabbott, Sep 18, 2006.

1. XXXX

XXXX Member

he has a good sportscenter commercial. haha check it out.

2. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Turns out Ozzie Guillen might not care for Jay Mariotti very much, but he does Peter Gammons. I know a lot of you might have already read it, but for those who didn't, Gammons said in his column that he got a daily phone call from Guillen during his recovery.

When I read that, it kind of floored me.

3. pallister

pallister Guest

I'm sure there are people on this board that can turn that into a bad thing.

4. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

As there are those who are so cynical that it's the first thought on their mind.

5. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

6. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

I don't have a dog in this fight, but for what it's worth Bob Dylan named Ozzie as his favorite manager in his recent Rolling Stone interview. That has to count for something.

7. pallister

pallister Guest

I got to wake up to a thread whose purpose was to use the words of that wonderful dictator Hugo Chavez as the latest way to bash the president.

You're right, nothin' but positive thoughts around here. ::)

8. Pringle

Pringle Active Member

Guillen's terrific. We should be thanking God that the media has a guy like him to deal with - honest, never condescending (especially to the people who cover him every day), almost never "in character."

Let me get this straight - you guys want, "We're giving it 110 percent and taking it a day at a time"?

Draft saved Draft deleted