1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

From Brooklyn, the $5.00 pizza slice......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JR, Jul 31, 2009.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I don't think it's worth being twice as expensive. I still said Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm in front of Bottoms Up.

Plus, I learned in living in the Northeast that I like Brooklyn style crust more than pan style, which is what BU does.

2. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Right, but before you said the prices were worth it! (they still are; I ate there Saturday night and it's still awesome, though disturbingly lacking in activity for the time).

But I'm still with you on Mary Angela's (and Piccola, which is the same thing, but on the VCU campus).

3. imjustagirl

Yeah, we ordered from Piccola when we were at work. Good stuff.

4. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Little Caesar's Pizza is disgusting. It's five dollars for a reason. In my parts, we call them "Hot & Dirty's"

5. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

There was a Piccola in a shopping area not from campus where I went to school. Very good pizza, but had the misfortune of being near a fantastic locally-owned place across the street from campus.

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

Grimaldi's has been served with eviction papers but the owner says he's not going anywhere. Apparently, Friday is decision day.

If this place closes, the world of pizza will never be the same.

And to all of you who mentioned shit like Little Caesar's, Domino's and other chans...that crap ain't pizza in any way shape or form.

7. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Agreed, Meat. I was hoping it was someplace I hadn't heard of.

Piccola is also strong, as is Jojo's down near the James Center.

8. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Best pizza I've ever had: Sicilian chicken pizza at the late Pizza Shack/Craigville Pizza & Mexican, West Dennis, Mass.

9. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

What, no love for Sbarros?

My personal favorite pizza is Vocelli's in Alexandria, VA and Donatos, which I know is a chain, but I get some everytime I hit Huntsville, AL.

10. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Oh my god. Really? I'd eat the cardboard box before I'd eat that pizza.

11. imjustagirl

I'm anti-LC mostly from having worked there throughout college. But the Crazy Bread/Crazy Sauce $1.99 combo is killer. Just get the sauce cold and nuke it yourself. I did it 40 seconds, then stir, then 30 more seconds. IF you get it hot there, it's been nuked about five hours earlier.

Draft saved Draft deleted