1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

from an iphone

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Highway 101, Jul 1, 2007.

1. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

I heard (though it's not entirely substantiated) that many folks are having problems with the battery on their iPhone. And, that new batteries are not cheap.

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I played with one for a while yesterday. I'd say "slow as balls" describes the Internet on there. I have a computer, a phone, a digital camera and an mp3 player. I can use all of them at once. Don't see the need to drop six bills.

3. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I read that the iphone battery will only accept 300-400 charges before having to be "sent back" for battery replacement. I'm not quite sure that got much play, but if I dropped $599 for a phone only to have to give it up for an undefined amount of time to get the battery replaced, I'd be PISSED.

4. ballscribe

ballscribe Active Member

I think that's true of the IPod as well. Just wear and tear.

No phone is worth six bills. Wait a year, it'll be half that.

The only people foolish enough to buy it now are what the marketing gurus call the "innovators", the ones who absolutely have to have the latest thing, regardless of the cost, to show off to their friends.

That was me, back in the early 80s, buying a two-head VCR when I still lived with mom and dad, with a corded remote that did only the basics, and dropping nearly a G on it. I've smartened up. The wide screen only came into the house at Christmas, probably half the price the 40-incher was a year or two ago.

5. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

True dat. Wait a bit. Speaking of ... did anyone see that Sony is dropping the price of the PS3 $100?

6. DougDascenzo

DougDascenzo Member

But, will it blend?

That is the question.

Draft saved Draft deleted