1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

From a 3 to a Solid SJ 6

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Mar 29, 2013.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Have not really watched The Biggest Loser in past but caught a bit of it this year and the transition of the winner this year is pretty amazing.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/27/biggest-loser-winner-danni-weight-loss_n_2927270.html?utm_hp_ref=healthy-living&ncid=webmail5

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

No wonder you flagged this story for us, being as it turned up in your search for Forest Gump.

3. Boom_70

I figured that it would be a good flog story for the SJ membership.

4. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Great for her. For now.

She will gain some of the weight back, of course, now that she can drink water with great regularity. And she'll gain weight now that she's not a professional exerciser, which is what NBC pays those folks to be.

5. dooley_womack1

She ain't quite worth flogging to.

6. Boom_70

I guess Jarret's continued Subway deal is keeping him trim.

7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

She's way too hot for Rickstain.

At 258 pounds.

8. dooley_womack1

Oh, for sure keeping it off is a greater challenge than taking it off in the first place, especially if the weight is lost in a way that's radically different from a normal lifestyle.

9. Boom_70

I figured there was something for everybody there. Some like fat some like skinny.

10. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

This bumps her to a 6.2.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. e_bowker

e_bowker Member

Patrick House is still skinny.
    He's from our town and is around a bunch. He does personal appearances at a lot of exercise clubs and schools. He seems to really be using his celebrity to do some good. Had a weird moment a few weeks ago at a 10K, though. I was chatting someone up and the guy, very nonchalantly, says, "Hey, you know this guy, right? Patrick House?"
    House said hi and just stood there sipping a drink, just a part of the crowd. He had been standing right next to me for a couple of minutes and I didn't even realize it.
    He finished a pretty tough 10K course in 47:28, which was 30th in a field of 331. Very respectable.

12. MCbamr

MCbamr Member

He has gained so much of the weight back he never appears in anything but a black sweatsuit. In there current awful commercial he is seated in a dark room AND wearing the black sweatsuit.

Draft saved Draft deleted