1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FROM 2012 INTO 2013 POLITICS THREAD

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Sep 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Re: THE 2012 POLITICS THREAD

Why assume Gallup is the outlier? AP & Rasmussen basically have it in the same place.

Pew, which is not non-partisan, has it at at +8 for Obama, but they over sample Democrats by 9 points (37/28). That's a self fulfilling prophesy.

I'm not seeing the breakdown of the sample in the NationalJournal poll.

2. YankeeFan

Yeah, I don't see the issue.

Pretty much every political spouse has made similar comments.

And, we all lament the process, and wonder who would put themselves and their family through it.

She's absolutely right. If someone thought they could do better, they should have run.

The primary is over. Romney's the candidate. Time to get on the train.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

You'll hate this roundup, then -- conservative voices ripping Romney.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0912/81419.html

My favorite is David Frum: “Mitt Romney has just committed the worst presidential-candidate gaffe since Gerald Ford announced in 1976 that ‘there is no Soviet domination of Eastern Europe.’"

Special notice to Peggy Noonan for two columns, including one calling the campaign a "rolling calamity."

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I can't figure out how to post it here, but my "outlier" designation comes from this chart on Nate Silver's blog today:

http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/09/21/sept-20-obamas-convention-bounce-may-not-be-receding/#more-34814

5. Dick Whitman

"Stop it!" comes off bad. At least in my opinion. It's whiny, at least on paper. Did not see the actual interview.

Like most game-changing "gaffes," however, we'll see if it affects anything on the ground. Mark me for a "no."

6. YankeeFan

So get on the fucking train already!

7. Dick Whitman

This quote is pretty bad, too: "It is time for all Americans to realize how significant this election is and how lucky we are to have someone with Mitt’s qualifications and experience and know-how to be able to have the opportunity to run this country"

Continues the narrative that Mitt Romney believes we should be grateful to have him running for president. Remember when Obama was the pointy-headed, out-of-touch "elitist" in a presidential election? How long ago does that seem?

8. YankeeFan

Until Romney searches out arugula or puts spicy mustard on his burger, I'll withhold judgement.

9. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Like every average American, I'm sure Mr. Romney eats whatever his cook puts in front of him.

10. YankeeFan

Not for nothing, but the Obama's had a personal chef before he was elected President.

His kids brought their chef prepared meals to the University of Chicago Lab School, and skipped the cafeteria food.

The Romneys do not employ a personal chef.

11. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

You mean the Obamas subscribed to Inevitable Table.

inevitabletable.com/content/inevitable-table

12. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

AZ - go back to the first post and read it. Send me that PM. And then continue posting. Petty as it seems, I put that in there for a reason. I want everybody to understand fully what they're getting into with this. I don't want someone saying, oh, cool, a politics thread and then running to us because someone called them a stupid motherfucker. Or worse.

I'm sure you overlooked it or something but do it before posting again please.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.