1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FROM 2012 INTO 2013 POLITICS THREAD

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Sep 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

To be fair, not much was ever going to get done. Not a hallmark of any second term, and certainly not with the most do-nothing Congress in history.

2. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Considering who's in the White House, "do-nothing Congress" is a compliment of the highest degree.

3. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I'd settle for you sometimes posting something re: business/economics that's actually, you know, correct-ish.

4. old_tony

My goodness, this writer does not like Stephanie Cutter.

http://dailycaller.com/2013/09/09/crossfire-review-1/

There's a little more, too.

Sad part about it is he's actually going light on her.

5. BenPoquette

BenPoquette Active Member

I have a serious question...if this "Syria Plan" goes down, if Syria hands over the weapons to the "international community" or Russia, which nation is would then be viewed as the world leader? Which nation would be the one with conviction, the one that is viewed as calling the shots or shaping world policy, the United States or Russia?

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Who the world leader is varies from nation to nation, depending on which country is cutting the largest checks.

7. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

But wait there's more:

Stephanie Cutter is feminism mutated into grotesque cartoon. She is the 90-IQ suburbanite Student Council vice president smugly doodling her gel pens in the front row of the class, mixed with the ranting fever dreams of the Smith College lecture halls, doused with half a dash of unearned metropolitan haughtiness and marinated in the despicable shouting matches of post-Carville politicking. She is Carrie Bradshaw without the literacy, Chelsea Handler without the punch lines, Kirsten Powers without the prettiness, gorging her face with the spoils of ill-gotten first-world privilege. How did we allow this American with a Social Security number to power-walk through the halls of our society for 44 years (yes, Stephanie, forty-four) without recognizing the warning signs?

8. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I say let Russia have the wheel for a while.

9. old_tony

At least the next three years and four months.

10. BenPoquette

BenPoquette Active Member

THat's what I was thinking....meanwhile, this is pretty on-point.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/putin-didnt-save-obama-he-beat-him_753730.html?page=2

11. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Sure hope the Nobel Committee does the right thing and makes Obama give his Peace Prize to Putin.

He's certainly more deserving of it at this point.

12. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I hope he fires Kerry tonight, then resigns.
    Tough to distinguish which one of these two is the bigger amateur right now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.