1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FROM 2012 INTO 2013 POLITICS THREAD

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Sep 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Pretty much where I'm at. It's a bit of "Ah Magoo you've done it again" diplomacy but who cares if it
    keeps us out of a war.

Weird feeling but it just seems like this 2nd term is already winding down and everyone is ready to move on
    including Obama. I really don't see anything significant getting done in the next 3 years.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

It's almost like people created The Narrative and are fitting their thoughts on Obama's buffoonery into whatever facts they have.

But I don't get it, because The Narrative is a liberal thing.

3. BenPoquette

BenPoquette Active Member

I just think Obama played everyone...Putin, Assad, Kerry, the media...like a fiddle. We are all playing checkers and he's playing chess. Speed chess against a supercomputer...and dominating! That part where Kerry went out and made the so-called offer, and administration spokesmen sprinted out to say Kerry did not mean what was said...that really had us going.

Oh Barack, you've done it again!

4. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I know. Just pointing out that JC had it wrong ... again.

5. BenPoquette

You know what...enough of this shit. You think it's funny or you are being clever...it isn't and you aren't. This is third-grade garbage. Just cut the shit, no one here is interested.

6. old_tony

Except Obama isn't keeping us out of the war. If he had his way we'd be three weeks into it by now -- fighting alongside the folks who took down the towers 12 years ago. Congress and public opinion kept us out.

7. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Show me where I accused Baron you fucking dwarf, that's right, you can't.

You of all people talking about someone getting something wrong is hillarious, you have anymore Trayvon Martin pictures? Or how about some more Ryan Braun bullshit. Election predictions?

8. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

“Congress is now the dog that caught the car.” / David Axelrod

Somehow it does not seemed to have panned out like Ax had planned. The car is back in the Whitehouse lot courtesy of
    Putin.

Republican Leadership played it perfectly. Boehner and Cantor out front calling for support of President, knowing that
    behind the scenes many democrats would not vote in favor. Saved The Republicans from being hung with the
    "#not caring about the children of the world" tag.

Kerry has turned into Inspector Clouseau.

9. old_tony

You don't read too well, do you?

10. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Isn't seeking Congressional approval a sign of doing it the correct way? He didn't act on his own. Now it appears there might be a better solution.

*Edited to fix quote function*

11. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Ignore my lousy improv performer, members and moderators.
    Keep your rod tips up. He's a throwaway fish.

12. BenPoquette

Isn't that a sign of doing it the correct way? He didn't act on his own and sought Congressional approval. Now it appears there might be a better solution.

*Edited to fix quote function*
    [/quote]Except for the fact that he now is putting chemical weapons into Vladimir Putin's hands...and that's his big solution. I bet the Syrians will be much more accommodating and sensible as the Iraquis were to the weapons inspectors. Tell me, you want to be a Syrian weapons inspector? You want to go into this country, in the middle of a brutal civil war, and make sure everything is great?

Putin now, on the international stage, looks like a sensible peacekeeper. Obama looks like a vacillating idiot. I knew Obama was in over his head when it came to foreign policy....I never could have imagined he would be this pathetic. It's comical.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.