1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fringe Sports Parents

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by SoSueMe, Apr 21, 2007.

1. pressboxer

pressboxer Active Member

The most important thing to remember when covering rodeo:

WATCH WHERE YOU STEP!!!

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Also, you want to avoid being spit on. Those guys spit anywhere and everywhere.

3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Also make sure you wear closed-toe shoes.

4. The most important thing to remember about covering high school synchronized swimming: Don't cover high school synchronized swimming.

5. DGRollins

DGRollins Member

With respect, I covered the exact same event as you are talking about for the exact same paper (your SE's initials are RM, right?) last year and I had no problems whatsoever getting photos or interviews. The president of the provincial association lives in your city. I couldn’t shut him up last year, so I’m sure he will be happy to talk to you via phone if you can’t get anyone else to talk.

Modern Pentathlon is a multi-discipline sport and, as I recall, they are only at one event at a time. So, when you were sitting in the gun club waiting, they were likely at the university still in the pool.

Also...if you were only going to take pics of one sport why didn't you go with the horse jumping? People love horses!

BTW, I ran into the reporter that was there before you (MW) two nights ago at a lacrosse game.

Draft saved Draft deleted