1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Friends to return for reunion

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by deskslave, Apr 17, 2013.

1. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

A reunion season.

http://www.starmedia.us/entertainment/nbc-confirms-friends-new-comeback-season-reunion.html

2. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Yeah, that's what I get for posting something I saw on Facebook. As you were.

3. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Although this quote from the producer is just depressing:

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Of course, it's hard to say whether Marta Kauffman has veto power over a reunion. As far as career statuses go, it would give anyone in the cast but Jennifer Aniston a boost, but given that they stuck together for 10 years, it's not inconceivable that she'd sign up anyway. That said, please no. It ended at about the right time (it maybe stuck around a season too long), and I can't imagine it being anything other than AfterMASH disappointment

5. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Screw you for getting my hopes up. That could have been awesome.

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Is this an unusual thought? I totally feel that way. I still keep up with all those people from my 20s, but the daily involvement has become hopefully we see each other every couple of months.

8. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Personally, what I'd like the best is just a retrospective special: Get the actors together, show some clips and have 'em share some stories. Outside of that, if they want to do a TV movie or hourlong special seeing what all the characters are up to, I'd be game.

But, a whole reunion season, I'd be very wary of.

9. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Disagrees:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Slashdot (assuming you posted a pic.)

11. Just reveal who the mother is already!

12. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I'd watch a Friends reunion if it involved the Harlem Globetrotters playing baskeball against a team of evil robots helmed by Martin Landau.

Draft saved Draft deleted