1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Friendly reminder...Major League is on Versus

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by UPChip, Aug 24, 2010.

1. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

This is my kind of team, Charlie. My kind of team. RIP Lou.

2. TheHacker

TheHacker Member

From one proud Pittsburgher to another, if they made this movie today, they'd use our woe-begotten Pirates instead of the Indians. Of course, they'd have to update it a little, like any remake ... little things like instead of trying to field a bad team in order to move the franchise to greener pastures, the owner would be trying to field a bad team so he could save money. No other motive ... just lose baby!

Back on topic, my favorite line in the movie is when Lou Brown gets the offer to manage the Indians and says: "Oooh, I don't know."

GM: But Lou, this is the major leagues!

Lou: I got a guy on the other line about a set of whitewalls ... lemme call ya back.

3. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

"Don't give me this ole' bullshit, Dorn."

The relieving himself on Dorn's contract is one of the movie's greatest unspoken acts.

4. No doubt, may be the best part of the movie.

5. what part of pgh, hack? I grew up inner city on the north side. And it could never be our pirates. Not even fiction could explain the Pirates turning anything around.

6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

7. Drip

Drip Active Member

"Barkeep, Jobu needs a refill!"

8. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Nutting wouldnt let the team get to 60-61 before unloading anyone resembling a big leaguer.

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

PNC is too nice a park for this to work as a sequel.

10. Drip

Drip Active Member

Are you sure that's Jake's reply?

11. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

12. See, Nutting is a better owner than Rachael Phelps, she never thought of trading away any of those players. Can you imagine the Single A prospects Willie Mayes Hayes could have brought in? :)

Draft saved Draft deleted