1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Friday the 13th

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mayfly, Jul 13, 2007.

1. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

You don't need Friday the 13th to be superstitious. In some cultures, there are some really weird ones.
    For instance, if you are walking on a road and a cat crosses it, you have to take a different route, or it is considered bad luck. Also, if someone sneezes, people need to do a flicking action over their left shoulder or again it's bad luck.

Bizarre but it is true for some different cultures.

2. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Is it even mathematically possible to have Friday the 13th in the same month two years in a row?

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Did he say the second one came on Friday the 13th? Or only a year to the day later?

4. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I wouldn't think so.

5. Thought it was like every seven years. I think we average like 1.47 Friday the 13ths a year.
    (Had to do some research on this recently)

6. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Good call, Moddy. I read into it because he was talking about how Friday the 13th was his day. So maybe he didn't mean that. My bad.

7. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

The only way I could possibly have bad luck today is if I can't get Keith's beer at the bar. If I am successful, than Friday the 13th is lucky for me ;) ;D

8. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Excellent point.

9. J.C. Wolf

J.C. Wolf Member

That was a good call Moddy, and I stand by my original post. The second one was a year to the day later. Not a Friday the 13th, but the anniversary nonetheless. Methinks it was a Thursday.

At any rate, all the other dates in the story were actually Friday the 13ths! 8)

MY DAY.

<<chest pound, and so forth>>

10. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Good move, the women around her love the primal acts.

11. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

It works for some of us.

12. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

1) Happy Birthday to UT.

2) I proudly possess a Dan Marino jersey. Not only does it have that dreaded number, it's aqua ... kind of a departure from my normal color palettes.

Draft saved Draft deleted