1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Friday the 13th

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mayfly, Jul 13, 2007.

1. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Who has triskadekaphobia (I think I spelled that right)? Does anyone have any big plans for today that center around the occurrence? Do you believe in superstition?

I personally believe a little bit in superstitions, mainly with sports and such, I have my own rituals that I believe help. 13 is actually my lucky number, I don't know how it became that, but it did.

What about all of you?

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

I once fell and needed 13 stitches in my right ear on a Friday the 13th.

3. paraskavedekatriaphobia

4. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

5. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I could care less about Friday the 13th, but my roommate is a big believer in this shit. He made me drive home from the bar because he was convinced he would get a DUI just because it was Friday the 13th. He also told me he has all sorts of things planned to help combat Friday the 13th tomorrow.
    I told him he is an idiot and he didn't care.
    He is angry with his boss for making him shoot pictures at a cemetary tomorrow.
    Weird stuff, is my roommate.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

He could just, you know, not drive drunk.

7. J.C. Wolf

J.C. Wolf Member

Friday the 13th is MY DAY!

Five years ago I got in a car accident on Friday the 13th. Totaled the car, borrowed my grandparents' ride, and still went to an interview at the local paper and got the job (part time).

One year to the day later, resigned to take my first full-time sports writing job. About two years later, on another Friday the 13th, started at another paper with management position. A year and a half after that, on another Friday the 13th, I turned in my letter of resignation before starting the job where I'm at now.

FRIDAY THE 13TH RULES!

... As an aside, my first name is Jason, and I also have an old school hockey mask signed by the actor who played Jason Voorhees in one of the Friday the 13th movies. ...

BEAT THAT! ;D

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

stoob's former neighbor moved in next door just after midnight.

9. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Coincidence...I think not.

10. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

Wake up early in the mornin' man
    Runnin' kinda' late I gotta' catch my plane
    Feelin' kinda' funny from the weed and thangs'
    Kinda' glad I woke up so I can't complain
    I really need a break from this paper chase
    Just another day

11. audreyld

audreyld Guest

I feel like it's going to be a pretty good day.

It's my birthday

12. Happy Birthday, Shooter!

Draft saved Draft deleted