1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Friday the 13th, the remake

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TheSportsPredictor, Jun 14, 2008.

1. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I just hope we're not all let down, Batman. And given most of the remakes released the last few years, odds are we will be.

2. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

F13th sequels that were worth a damn: IV and VI. X was pretty cool with the kills, especially the sleeping bag and the one-liner to end it was pretty funny as well.

F VS J was pretty good for the pure guilty pleasure it was intended to be.

That being said Jason has definitely been in training for this remake. He seems more like an amped up Gollum.

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

So now that we're a week or so out, is anyone more on board for this than they were before?
    The commercials have been kind of disappointing. They look like just another horror movie, without the creepy impending death atmosphere the trailers built.

4. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I've gotta say I'm looking forward to seeing this. Wasn't sold on it before, but watching the trailer and seeing the commercials has swayed me.

5. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

I've seen the trailer twice and I got the sense that it contained the scariest -- and I use that term loosely -- parts of the movie, the way some crappy comedies use all the best jokes, and it wasn't even close to scary. The moments when Jason was supposed to pop out and make you jump were incredibly predictable, and that's just in the trailer when you don't have the music to spoil it for you.

6. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

I'll be interested in seeing it, but I'm not sure how well it'll do. I mean how many times have they come out with these movies?

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Still never understand why there are people who get into these gore and torture fests (I know someone who attracts those people like moths to a flame). Roger Ebert's description of Hostel II brings this to the stark fore. Shit like that should be NC-17, not some movie that may show vaginas (or a penis) too much.

8. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

Nope, still can't get behind remaking a film that didn't need remaking. I'd rather they take these resources and have a go at a movie that needs a makeover ... like, say, Octaman.

9. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i'm in.

10. CM Punk

CM Punk Guest

There's a special place in my heart for the classically awful slasher film icons like Freddy, Jason and Michael. I will be there, well on Saturday the 14th anyway.

11. You really thought the Rob Zombie remake was that bad? I thought it was an honest effort; it would never stack up against the original which is an all-time creeper classic, but it wasn't horrendous.

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

This remake may be a little gory, but I'd be surprised if it's in the same league as the Hostel flicks.

Draft saved Draft deleted