1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Friday the 13th, the remake

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TheSportsPredictor, Jun 14, 2008.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Was that the one in space? I saw part of it on cable and laughed.

2. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Yeah. It was horrible.

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Ummmm...Kevin Bacon was menaced by Jason while he swam in Crystal Lake? Little dead Jason tickled his feet while he splashed in the water? Jason was the best damn Marco Polo player ever, and it hacked Bacon off?
    Yeah, I screwed up there.

And Jason X wasn't a terrible movie either, for what it was. It didn't take itself too seriously like some of the earlier movies.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Worse than the Porky's remake that's in the works?

5. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

C'mon. Dipping somebody's head in liquid nitrogen and then breaking it off has got to be on the short list of great movie kills. Falls short of beating person inside sleeping bag to death by slamming it against a tree.

6. KYSportsWriter

That kill was great.

The rest of the movie, with the exception of Lexa Doig and Melyssa Ade, not so much.

7. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

"Jason X" had one of the funniest scenes in the entire series, when Jason stepped the holodeck and got to menace some campers. Other than that, it had one line that pretty much summed it all up "This sucks on so many levels!"

Yes, I've watched them all way too much. The one in New York was the absolute worst.

If done right, a remake could be worthwhile. As disgusting as it was, the "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" remake wasn't half-bad. But much of my attention was spent on Jessica Biel, so that probably skewed my overall perception.

8. KYSportsWriter

Sleeper, you can take Jessica Biel all you want.

I'll have me some Erica Leerhsen, aka Pepper.

9. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

So, are the re-doing the original Friday the 13th, or are they remaking Jason, cause there is a difference to some of us.
    The original was great, but Jason didn't go around killing people.
    And I even liked a couple of the one's with Jason.
    But they really are two different films.

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

From what I've read previously, it's going to be a "re-imagining" along the lines of the Halloween remake. It'll fill in some of the gaps on Jason's origin and supposedly give a new origin of the hockey mask.

11. KYSportsWriter

It apparently is a "re-imagining" of the first three movies in the series.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0758746/faq#.2.1.2

EDIT: Dammit, Batman! :D

12. Peytons place

Peytons place Member

I actually really enjoyed Friday the 13th: Part 2, but I hope they won't screw it up to bad remaking Jason's earlier stuff. That Halloween remake was horrible. Rob Zombie should stay out of the movie-making biz. I hope he won't have anything to do with this one.

Draft saved Draft deleted