1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Friday Night Lights"--the TV Series??

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JR, May 15, 2006.

1. Double J

Double J Active Member

You're probably right. The movie sucked in comparison to the book yet this guy is pant-pissing gleeful about how much the show is like the movie.

2. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

:-\

3. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

I'll watch it, especially after football season.

4. Mr. X

Mr. X Active Member

I thought there would be interest here in this Los Angeles Times column on "Friday Night Lights":  http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/la-et-channel3jul03,1,7924444.story  The headline is "It's about feelings (and football)"

One objection I have to it is that it neglects to mention "Coach" as a successful sports-based series.

5. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Yes, I had a mother tell me that moments after her son placed 13th in the 100 butterfly at his conference meet, in fact.

6. Mr. X

Mr. X Active Member

I am planning on attending a news conference Saturday, where the producers and cast of “Friday Night Lights” will be promoting the series.  I would be glad to try to ask questions suggested here.

7. pressboxer

pressboxer Active Member

Yeah, do any of them even know where the fuck Odessa, Texas is? Have they ever been there? And if so, who was holding a gun to their head?

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

May I humbly submit:

What the fuck is wrong with you people?

Thanks in advance.

9. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Will you be ignoring the steroid issue like most involved with high school football?

10. Who's playing the bitter old alcoholic local sports editor?
    I think we might should have open auditions here.

Draft saved Draft deleted