1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Friday Night Lights, Season 2

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Cosmo, Oct 1, 2007.

1. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

saw something for usa tomorrow at 1 p.m., but the blurb sounds like it's last season's premiere...

nbc.com has the episodes free

2. ChrisLittmann

ChrisLittmann Member

At least for the moment, I don't see a replay scheduled on Bravo like last season, although I wouldn't be surprised if it shows up -- they just did a marathon today. Anyway, your best bet is to go check it out on NBC.com when they post it online, which SHOULD be tomorrow!

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Thanks, all.

Spoil away, now.

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Looks like there will be a repeat on USA next week, for those like me who are stupid and missed it.

5. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Some real good things. But I can already see exactly what's gonig to happen between Coach Taylor and Dillon's new coach and all that. But outside of that story, and the thing with Tyra, I liked the premiere. Some stuff was too predictable. But a bunch of other things was dead on. And Lyla's newfound religion cracked me up.

6. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

What troubled me more than the event that was the twist was that the aftermath didn't feel true to Landry's character. He's a good kid who always wants to do the right thing; he would have been the first one to dial 911 immediately after it happened.

And does Adrianne Palicki (Tyra) just ooze sex or what? Lyla's the one you want to save and marry; Tyra's the one you want to bang behind the gym.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Great writing - didn't like the stalker storyline but loved Riggins, Lyla's family, the new coach, and seeing the Taylors back together. Mostly though I realize the show wouldn't work at all without Landry's character to bounce off other characters. We need more Smash, but I'll give it time. Talk about opening the season with a win.

when the show came on tonight I felt like writing a letter to NBC thanking them for bringing it back. Maybe I'll just buy a Tim Riggins jersey.

8. McNuggetsMan

McNuggetsMan Active Member

When did all the characters suddenly turn into juniors last year? It seemed pretty obvious that all the major players other than Matt, Smash and the coach's daughter were seniors. Now all of a sudden, Riggins is back on the team and Tyra appears to still be in school. Did they think that everyone was too stupid to follow a basic timeline?

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'm not sure they needed to make Landry a player... Seems to be a total reach...

10. IU90

IU90 Member

Maybe they all flunked.

Seriously, those timeline discrepancies are glaring flaws in this show's believability factor. Another one is asking us to believe that all the events, affairs, and drama of last season occurred during the course of just one 12 week HS football season, particularly when some of those things (paralysis rehab, lawsuits, etc.) can take years in the real world. As good as this show was in season 1, and it was damn good, they're gonna have a hard time maintaining it. You can already sense the shark approaching.

11. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

The guy who plays Riggins is 26; the girl who plays Tyra is 24. Not sure how much longer they can keep them in high school without it turning into a Luke Perry scenario.

12. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

you know, that bothered me for a second, but then i let it slide and i enjoyed it much more

they will need to add some othe rplayers

and landry was calling his dad, a cop, but i think we've all done things we wouldn't do when under the influence of hot chick. that's completely believable -- much more intoxicating than alcohol

and, it's being replayed right now on usa

Draft saved Draft deleted