1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Friday Night Lights" renewed!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Football_Bat, May 11, 2007.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

great news. And Studio 60 was canned. Good concept, terrible execution

2. leo1

leo1 Active Member

wow. this is terrific news. my life must be sad.

so does coach taylor go to uh, TMU (or whatever college he was off to)? he can't possibly leave, can he? i assume the first episode will reveal a flashback or something as to why he stayed. will this season take place next fall or during spring ball (so they can make it even less about the football)? damn. i can't wait. especially because lost won't start until january.

3. ChrisLittmann

ChrisLittmann Member

I was ready to start chanting "Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose!" when I heard the news this morning.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'm happy for the cast and crew and do hope more people tune in to watch it. I don't know about Riggins getting a supporting nomination, but Saracen (his scenes with his grandma) or Smash (for the racist coach episode) definitely are due, along with Britton and Chandler. I don't see Grey's Anatomy getting many noms and everything else is a cop show.

Heard Jericho coming back might not happen. They should at least do a tie-up movie or something.

5. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

Very good news...... I wonder if the uncertain future was why they did a cliffhanger/non-cliffhanger with Coach Taylor coming in and everyone applauding him at the end??

6. chazp

chazp Active Member

I love this show. Every week I think about how much I like the writing of the plots. Plus, Tara is smoking hot!

7. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Glad to see this. Mrs. Slydell love this show. With the baby, Taylor will have a change of heart of try to go back-to-back with the Panthers.

8. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

9. I, for one, hope that they go ahead and start the season almost from where the last one left off and go through spring ball and all of that. I could easily live with full seasons of this show without a single football game. There's plenty that could be explored, including how the town handles life without games on Friday nights, spring practice and recruiting of the kids.

Doing it that way would also allow us to meet some new players on the team before the next season and keep the main characters of the show on it longer. I don't really want to see almost an entirely new cast every season of the show. I'm too attached to Saracen, Riggins, Smash, etc. for that.

10. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I'm a little late on this, but this article from USA Today details some of what we can expect for Season 2. Looks like it will pick up during summer practices. Thanks to Adam Duerson from SI.com for providing this link.

http://www.usatoday.com/life/television/news/2007-05-13-friday-night-lights_N.htm?csp=34

11. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Good looking out, DD.

12. Thanks for the link DD.

Draft saved Draft deleted