1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Friday Night Lights" renewed!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Football_Bat, May 11, 2007.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Talk about a Hail Mary ....

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20038578,00.html

Like with "Hill Street Blues," NBC knows a long-term winner when it's got one.

Hope we can say the same for CBS.

2. shockey

shockey Active Member

so, maybe there's a god after all, eh? :eek: :eek: :eek:

just kidding, natch. but this is fine news.

3. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

I can't wait until the team goes to the national championship game and beats the pants of Jericho Catholic and then their head cheerleader, Blair, is nearly killed.

Oops, too many shows on my slate. At least I know there'll be one worth watching in the fall. I'm not sure I'll continue with Jericho. In fact, I question whether people are still viewing.

This early announcement, though, should boost Friday Night Lights a little higher. The cast will be doing talk shows all summer.

What a great show.

4. Today is going to be a good day. This is great news.

5. shockey

shockey Active Member

the next move is kicking butt at the emmy's to build up steam for summer reruns, to give those who haven't watched the chance to get hooked -- which they will.

then the ratings should skyrocket next season, right? ???

6. Here's hoping the Emmys pay the proper respect to the show. I fear since it was the first season it will get left behind for more established shows. There's no doubt it should be up for best drama, but I'm afraid other shows will get the nod because they've been around longer. Hope I'm wrong.

7. shockey

shockey Active Member

i'm hopeful 'cause the emmy's sometimes like to sneak fresh blood into the mix. we'll see.

8. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

How many last-second, game-winning touchdowns will this team score?

Edit: If they play a nine-game regular season, and five playoff games .... this announcement makes it 15. Oh wait, they lost a game in there, so it's 14.

9. STLIrish

STLIrish Active Member

Just curious, who would you nominate for an Emmy? It's such an ensemble show. Obviously its a candidate for best Drama. But any actors? I'd guess Connie Britton for sure, maybe Coach Taylor, and the guy who plays Riggins for supporting actor.

10. Off the top of my head, my nominations would be for: Best Drama, Connie Britton, Kyle Chandler and the kid who plays Saracen (name escapes me right now). Not sure since it's ensemble if all actors would have to be supporting, but I think Chandler and Britton have done enough to be leads.

11. shockey

shockey Active Member

supporting actor, tough call between riggins and saracen.

12. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

fantastic news. started watching it midway through the season and i was hooked.

Draft saved Draft deleted