1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Friday Night Lights Reminder 10/30

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by heyabbott, Oct 30, 2006.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

FNL is on tonite, Monday October 30, at 10pm in Studio 60's time slot and repeated tommorrow night, at it's regularly scheduled time of 8 pm.

The Dillon High Hotties, Tyras, Lyla and Julie, and special guest MILF Tami Taylor are waiting for you.

[​IMG][​IMG]

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

OK, first NBC put a show named Friday Night on Tuesday night. Now, in an attempt to boost ratings, the network is putting a fictional program about football up against a real-live football game-a good matchup yet.
    They must want FNL to die.

3. heyabbott

I find ESPN's attempt to program Tony Kornheiser and Joe Theeeeesman against a test pattern, ESPN's attempt at euthenize MNF

4. dog428

dog428 Active Member

It's just a test to see how FNL will do in the spot. S60 isn't exactly lighting it up there, and NBC is thinking the audience for both Heroes and FNL would be mostly the same people -- the always coveted young crowd. So, maybe FNL can do a better job holding the audience that S60 is losing. If it doesn't work, it goes back to Tuesdays.

Not a bad idea by NBC, for a change.

5. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

It's going to be on tomorrow night in it's regular time slot so nothing is lost by this move.
    And are people serious when they knock the show for being called "Friday Night Lights" and then not airing on Fridays? I'm hoping it's tongue in cheek, because I don't see how that could actually bother anyone.

6. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

Ugh, anyone else having problems with the NBC site in trying to watch the replays? I keep getting a stupid javascript error and it firefox (2.0) can't open it. Blast, wanted to catch up on the two shows before I had to go shoot a vball match.

7. heyabbott

Open it under IE, it works better, I guess because NBC and Microsoft had a business arrangement and MS designed their software systems.

8. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

Still no luck.
    damnit

9. Boobie Miles

Just watched tonight's episode on DVR. The show was starting to grow on me but tonight it reverted back to the first episode which was a lot going on but nothing really happening. I felt that last week was the best episode because they actually got into some character development but tonight was just all over the place. And people who makes football shows and movies need to go watch a high school game. Hell, even in an NFL game not every hit is two bodies colliding in mid-air and then spinning to the ground. Just tone it down a little.

SPOILERS

What the hell was the storyline w/ the blonde chick? That made so sense and didn't fit into anything, will it be coming back or did they just need an excuse to get her in there? And why were the two guys at the end doing the investigation cast as if they were FBI agents? Seemed a little official for a high school investigation. One thing I will never complain about is seeing the brunette in her bra, she may be the one thing that keeps me tuning in.

Rant Over

10. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

i like a lot of it, until it comes gametime, and i know there will be 20 'huge hits' and the game will come down to the last second... ugh

but damn, heartless bastards song used, which was pretty awesome

11. Boobie Miles

Yeah the football scenes are just brutal. I haven't seen clock management like that outside of Philadelphia. They run three plays that all go out of bounds and yet a minute and a half runs off? And sweet call coach with a reverse on the last play of the game from 30 yards out, that's a pretty high percentage call.

12. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

I don't know if the scriptwriters just don't understand football or if other players occur between the three plays we see. But they definitely need to clean that up -- it detracts from a really good show.

Boobie -- I think the stuff with the blonde chick was to show how she feels about the town and how she will grab on to anything that gives her a glimmer of a view of life outside of Dillon.

Draft saved Draft deleted