1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

friday night lights premiere

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by shockey, Oct 3, 2006.

1. shockey

shockey Active Member

not bad at all. 8) 8) 8) 8)

2. Beer_Baron

Beer_Baron Member

one of the best hours of network TV not involving folks stuck on an island or a ticking clock that I have seen in quite some time.

3. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

Agreed.
    *SPOILERS*

Watched the pilot the other day and I enjoyed it. Got home in time to see Street get injured. Gotta love the music, camera angles, and just the feel of the show. At first I was sort of surprised NBC through that much into the pilot (star QB getting hurt, backup saving the day...) but I guess thats what should be done in pilot, it got me wanting more and I'll def watch it when I can.

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Either the NYTimes of the WashPost had a decent review of the show and wrote that the hairstyles on the show were not likely seen west of manhatten, let alone west of Dallas. Thought about that whiloe watching the show, pretty accurate.
    Good show. Hot HS Girls are always worth tuning in for.

5. mltru2tx

mltru2tx Member

The music's one of the best parts -- same band that scored the movie, Explosions in the Sky, straight out of the Permian Basin.

6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Great pilot but whoever is advising them on the football scenes needs to be fired. Kid goes out of bounds late in the game yet the clock starts when the chains are set?

Then, they've got the ball on the opponent's 20, QB drops back, scrambles back even farther, maybe 25 yards at most, heaves the ball downfield and it's caught at the 30? Gimme a break.

Mack Brown cameo was funny as hell.

"Everybody knows a quarterback won't win you a championship."

7. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Thoughts....

The blonde who is the girlfriend of the redneck fullback is smoking hot. According to the previews of next week, she gets it done with the brother at tailback. That's always going to promote team unity.

Don't think a kid in real life would show up for an interview smelling like beer. And the TV reporter wouldn't ask him that question straight out -- he'd go with it on the air.

There isn't a single high school coach who looks like a young Cary Grant.

8. shockey

shockey Active Member

picky, picky, picky.

9. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Mack Brown's cameo was just as good as the previews made it seem. This show looks really, really good.

10. DrRosenpenis

DrRosenpenis Member

Spent the first half of the show pumping up the stud QB and then they have him break his neck in the first episode?
    Little quick, wasn't it?

11. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Starting the clock after the kid went OB pissed me off. And has the other team's coach ever heard of a cover 3?

Other than that, pretty solid. Slightly predictable, but pretty solid.

12. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

I liked the good old days, when the clock stopped when you went OB

Draft saved Draft deleted