1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Friday Night Lights - NBC run

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by CUinthenewsroom, Jan 17, 2009.

1. WS

WS Member

Smash seemed different to me, too. He doesn't have that swagger he once had, but I guess the writers wrote that in.

2. shockey

shockey Active Member

career-threatening knee injuries are humbling.

3. brettwatson

brettwatson Active Member

Don't principals hire/fire coaches? Seems like a conflict of interest making Connie her hubby's boss. And she's already jealous of his computer?

4. Smash Williams

Smash Williams Well-Known Member

In Texas, most of the hiring/firing of head football coaches is left up to the superintendent, school board and district athletic director (if that person wasn't already the head football coach).

5. From this week's Ask Ausiello: http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/01/ask-ausiello--2.html

Question: Please tell me that Friday Night Lights will be back next season. -- LaToya
    Ausiello: FNL will be back provided all (or most) of the 4.6 million people that tuned in for last Friday's debut on NBC stick around for the entire season. And they'd be fools not to.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

4.6 for NBC on a Friday night is probably one of the better numbers they've done.

7. I Digress

I Digress Guest

Not all the people who want to see FNL have seen it. I don't have DirectTV, so I havne't seen it. The class thing has me a bit confused, too.

8. Trying to figure out how Street and Riggins were best buds "Texas Forever!" when Street is 2 years ahead. And didn't they make Eric the AD last year, so wouldn't that make Tami his boss? And how is that kosher in any way, shape or form.
    But then again, I remember watching the first episode three years ago and calling "bullshit" at the press stuff, the game play and all that. I turned it off then caught episode 5 or 6 and got sucked in anyway. Go Panthers.

9. shockey

shockey Active Member

my advice: just go with the flow. don't over-analyze. simply appreciate the storylines, super-attractive cast and characters.

it's not a historical documentary. it's a tv show -- better written, with more interesting characters, than we can find anywhere else on network tv.

10. DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds Guest

WFW. I wasn't terribly impressed with the first episode, but it had some great moments, and I am confident it will get better.

11. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

So we won't be seeing Minka's new assets this season, but possibly later I take it?

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

So let me get this straight, Dillon's played two games and the back-up qb's dad asks Riggins "I understand you're switching to tailback this year, how's that working out?"
    I figure they've moved some scenes around a bit, but really kind of odd.
    Solid episode though, Saracen owned it.

Draft saved Draft deleted