1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"friday night lights" is back!!!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by shockey, Oct 28, 2009.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

[​IMG]http://www.theonion.com/content/infograph/eric_taylor

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Awesome cameo by Mike Leach.

Riggins (to his brother): Can you hand me that violin? Stop hoggin' it!!!
    I love Riggins.

3. highlander

highlander Member

Leach was great talking about releasing Eric Taylor's inner-pirate.

4. highlander

highlander Member

Great moment tonight when the new East Dillon Lion threw his Dillon Panthers shirt in the fire. Maybe it's just me but he seems kind of slow or dim witted. Maybe his deal will be he has learning disability. Who knows? Oh yeah, I miss Smash and Smash's mom.

5. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

They changed the name from East Dillon Giraffes to the Lions? I need to catch up on this year's season already.

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Finally broke down and borrowed Season I from my local library.

Am astounded at the hackneyed, obvious, deux-ex-machine scripting crap.

Appreciate the eye candy, but what other reasons are there for me to soldier
    on through this stuff?

Of course, once I saw the producer was involved with The DaVinci Code, I had
    a better idea of the hackneyed dribble I was getting into, but still . ..

Should I bother to persevere? I'll hang up and listen.

7. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

You will not regret should you be someone with good taste and character.

8. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

That was hysterical. I think they told him "Just be you for a couple of minutes."

Oh, and I would like to do naughty things to Connie Britton.

9. TheHacker

TheHacker Member

OK, forgive me if I've just forgotten some major plot point and if I'm just plain overthinking a freakin' TV show, but there's something I can't quite figure out.

Remember at the beginning of last season Tammy Taylor was all stressed out because the school system didn't have enough money for anything, and in the middle of that Buddy came at her about the JumboTron, which he managed to push through anyway? How did we get from a cash-strapped school system to one that somehow finds the resources to open another high school? Yeah, it's an old building and facilities, but you still have to find the cash to pay the staff over there. I know it's just a TV show, and they needed to create some conflict, but that doesn't quite make sense.

Aside from that, I'm hooked. I was skeptical of it the first season too, just like Ben Hecht said, but then it grew on me. It's so well acted it's impossible not to like

10. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

IIRC, the school board would get a ton of state money for opening the second school, which Buddy et al would use to ensure most of it went toward West Dillon.

11. BRoth

BRoth Member

Yes, that was in the last episode or two and the whole reason for the new school, I believe.

12. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Is the second episode online yet?

Draft saved Draft deleted