1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Friday night lights go out in Hawaii

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Batman, Jul 24, 2010.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

...because of seabirds. This high school should install blue turf to really fuck with 'em.

2. Petrie

Petrie Guest

Not sure why, but I'm imagining birds similar to the ones in Finding Nemo. Awesome piece.

3. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Height of stupidity. We're changing our schedules for the sake of BIRDS?!?!?! Why not birds change their schedule for the sake of human beings?

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

When in doubt, kill wildlife!! It's FOOTBALL!! America, fuck yeah!!

5. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

I have covered a high school football game that was changed to a day game because of birds. Not in Hawaii though.

6. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I understand your sarcasm but I like football more than birds, or wildlife.

7. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

What inconvenience does it cause any reasonable person to move the games to Saturday afternoon?

8. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

Prime surfing time, dude.

9. fossywriter8

fossywriter8 Well-Known Member

Won't that cut into the coverage possibility of volleyball or a girls sports in general? [/crossthread]

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Why did I hope to see Minka Kelly in a bikini on this thread?

11. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

It changes your whole damn weekend schedule for LOTS of people: Players, coaches, administrators, parents, fans, reporters, desk editors, broadcasters, etc.

I have nothing against Saturday football, per se, although I hate it when the local high schools and colleges play at the same time. But to change for the sake of BIRDS?!?!! That's for the birds, pardon the pun.

12. CR19

CR19 Member

I've seen worse moves to protect wildlife. For one vacation, I went to a Florida resort on the beach. Guests couldn't walk around at night or have their lights on to protect sea turtles coming to the shore. I'd rather deal with shearwaters.

Draft saved Draft deleted