1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Friday Night Lights Gets Ax ...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mira, Feb 11, 2010.

1. Mira

Mira Member

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/02/10/friday-night-lights-to-end/

Haven't seen the most recent season yet, but this news bums me out.

2. I'm on Season 3 on netflix. Season 1 was very good, Season 2 was OK. Season 3? So far, so-so.

3. cwilson3

cwilson3 Member

Five seasons, with a show about high school, is a pretty solid span I think. Loved this season, hopefully next season does the first four justice.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Loved the show, but NBC ruined it by moving it around and the DirecTV deal. This is the network that passed on Monk.

5. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Just yesterday I caught up with recent episodes, and was thinking how the new premise with the new school and characters set it up nicely so they could go a few more seasons. And then today I learn that won't happen. Bummer.

Still a 5 year run for that show is quite respectable. No sharks jumped. Quality all the way.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Considering NBC could have buried this show after the first season, it's not a surprise. Though it would be great if when it airs on NBC later this year it enters the top 10. The extra three years have been gravy. Just a quality show.

7. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

You do realize that it wouldn't have gotten to season 4 without the DirecTV deal right? That essentially saved the last 2 seasons by providing more funding.
    Yeah, the shuffling and lack of promo hurt badly, but the DirecTV deal was a major boost, a lifesaver.

8. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Not horribly surprised, but still horribly disappointed :(

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Just keep remembering, it's the same NBC that's paying Conan O'Brien $30M not to host "Tonight," and is really in need of dramas.

10. fishhack2009

fishhack2009 Active Member

Sad news...one of my favorite recent shows. I'll make sure to get the last three seasons on DVD.

Draft saved Draft deleted