1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Friday Night Lights begins, sort of

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by OTD, Sep 30, 2008.

1. prezclinton

prezclinton Active Member

This season keeps getting better. You da man, Smash.

2. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Great episode. Love this show. Why it never caught on at NBC is beyond me.

From watching the preview for next week: Good to see Street will be in the next episode. I'm getting tired of Riggins' brother getting him into shenanigans.

3. prezclinton

Yea, I second everything you said. The way it looks, I can see Street coming back and lighting a fire under Saracen.

4. Smash Williams

Smash Williams Well-Known Member

This is up online now at SurfTheChannel.

Oh namesake. Oh show. Very few shows own me like this show does.

5. Scouter

Scouter Member

Unreal episode. I hate when I get all teary-eyed watching a damn TV show.

Ninety-nine percent sure I'd run through a wall for Eric Taylor.

6. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

That might be the single greatest episode in the show's history, and yes, I think I say that every week.

Tami and Coach in the bedroom.
    Smash and Coach at the doorway.
    Saracen and his mom at the diner.

Holy crap man, how is it so good?

7. Smash Williams

Smash Williams Well-Known Member

The football may not be necessarily realistic all the time, but I love love love that they filmed at Kyle Field and had players wearing what looked like legit A&M practice uniforms.

It's one thing to use "TMU" as a plot device. I can understand why no school wanted to get behind that. But adding a detail like the uniforms and Kyle Field is just... the Texan in me longs for home, and I hate the Aggies.

8. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

I love that J.D. thinks playing Madden isn't football.

9. shotglass

shotglass Guest

WFFW. Didn't realize how badly I'd wanted to see it work out for Smash until it happened. I really got choked up.

10. SnoopyBoy

SnoopyBoy Member

"Where you at, where you at?" Those were Smash's final words on this show as he grinned while scoring a TD against his old HS teammates. That was a great scene. So long, Smash.

11. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

The sad thing is this year, using the Aggies as a point of reference, Smash likely wasn't exactly going up against a tough defence in that try out. and it pains me to say that. I could have run for 6 on that little screen pass he took to the house. 3-9 here we come.

12. prezclinton

Fuckin' JD McCoy! This episode dragged a little bit, not gonna lie. But the meth guy being back in the picture could add some intrigue.

Draft saved Draft deleted