1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Friday Night Lights begins, sort of

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by OTD, Sep 30, 2008.

1. shockey

shockey Active Member

okay, i click on the link and get sound but no video. what am i doing wrong, friends? ???

UPDATE: solved it. watched first ep of season 3 late last night, second ep just finished now. still love the show, despite the issues of who should have moved on, etc. just glad it's back. :D :D :D

2. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

Scouter ... I do what I can. Next up is getting you to watch The Cable Guy and Better Off Dead.

3. Scouter

Scouter Member

Already saw Cable Guy.

4. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

I've liked the last two weeks I think more than any two episodes all of last season. I enjoyed last season, but it seems like everyone is just going for broke and making great drama, ratings and audience shares be damned.

5. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

What a ridiculously fantastic show.
    Top 5:
    1) Riggins' meltdown and rebound.
    2) The look Saracen gives Julie at the end of the episode.
    3) Smash's mom.
    4) Tami Taylor having a bigger pair than her husband.
    5) Crying when Smash got up.

This is the best show on TV.

6. SnoopyBoy

SnoopyBoy Member

For me, the booster guy -- Buddy Garrity -- is the best character, and there are a lot of them. This guy seems so real to me. And I think Kyle Chandler portrays a HS coach pretty well.
    By the way, if you love the show, you'll love this montage thing I found on youtube. It's terrific and worth the 6 minutes...

7. prezclinton

prezclinton Active Member

The scene where he goes to Smash's house and tells him the news is one of the best in the show's history.

8. SnoopyBoy

SnoopyBoy Member

That was a great scene. I wanted to cry. And I'm a man. I'm 40!

9. prezclinton

Me too, man. Me too. I wonder if A&M will suck as bad on the show as they do in real life.

10. Smash Williams

Smash Williams Well-Known Member

This thread is calling my name, and I don't know why.

I love this show. And I love the internet for allowing me to see this show before it shows up on NBC.

11. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Saracen FUMMMMMBLE!

How fantastic will the freshman be when they have to give him significant playing time? And how unsurprising that the first time they showed any personality from him (in his awards room), he turned out to have a little attitude?

(By the way, I'd rather be No. 2 QB with Julie than the starter without her.)

12. prezclinton

I hope Taylor punches out McCoy's dad.
    This season has been great so far, it's definitely surpassed Season 2 already.
    Smash's mom might be the most underrated character yet.

Draft saved Draft deleted