1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Friday Night Lights begins, sort of

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by OTD, Sep 30, 2008.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

They do have a new FB - Riggins is now TB

2. prezclinton

prezclinton Active Member

Rig is great. I hope Lyla doesn't pussify him.

3. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I liked how they developed Landry as an unexpected football player last season. I hope they don't completely forget about that.

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I dunno. I don't like his lateral movement. It's a step slow.
    He might better serve the team with his brain by breaking down opponents game film and finding tendancies.

Anyone kwow when ep 2 is on?

5. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

Episode 2 should be on tomorrow night.

6. Giggity

Giggity Member

Finally just watched last week's episode, and it was great. The scene where Smash walks off the field gave me chills.

Only one problem with it, and it was really that I was reminded of what has always bugged me about this show. I know I'm going to get shouted down by the Lyla-is-hot crowd, and obviously she is. But every single scene Minka Kelly is in just grinds to a screeching halt. You can't tell me there's not another beautiful actress out there who can, you know, act. A little. And she's always right in the middle of pivotal story lines. Street getting paralyzed was the central arc of the first season, but I wanted to beat myself across the bridge of the nose with the remote every time Lyla got involved. Which was a lot.

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Connie Britton's still got that hot MILF thing working though, right?

8. Scouter

Scouter Member

I'm definitely part of the Lyla-is-no-joke crowd, but you're dead on. I think every time she bitches at Riggins or bitched at Street her mouth is halfway open with her teeth clenched.

9. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

Oh, yes she does.
    By the way, I finally watched this last night and really enjoyed it.
    It had the "bite" season 1 had with some great lines, like Riggins and his brother talking about Lyla while watching the brother's girlfriend dance in the strip club:
    "She went to bed and woke up with Jesus. So basically, you're a rebound from Jesus."
    Awesome.

10. Scouter

Scouter Member

Latest episode is up now.

http://www.surfthechannel.com/info/television/Friday_Night_Lights/136411/S3E2.html?aid=265211

Damn you, CentralIllinoisan, for getting me hooked.

11. shockey

shockey Active Member

many, many thanks. i'll watch tonight while the mrs. gets her "ghost whisperer" fix. yikes!

12. prezclinton

prezclinton Active Member

Another very solid episode. I think Saracen is the one character that no one can possibly dislike.

Draft saved Draft deleted