1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Friday haircuts stink

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Jun 15, 2007.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Two hours and 15 minutes ago I left to GET A (expletive) HAIRCUT!

My neighborhood barbershop was closed for some odd reason. There was a sign on the door that read "Back at 1:30," but it was obvious they never came back.

I should have realized that was a bad omen, but instead drove 20 minutes to a Sports Clips-type shop. I walk in and see three guys waiting. I look past the receptionist and see six cutters working. Then the receptionist tells me it'll be an hour wait, because they've started a waiting list and I'd actually be ninth on the list.

I hit another barber shop/salon. The owner is a barber, but he rents out chairs to some stylists who do women's hair. Nice guy ... except he cut my hair way too short.

Moral of the story - Never try to get a haircut on Friday, unless you have an appointment.

2. shockey

shockey Active Member

you shouldn't get a haircut of a friday 'cause it takes two or three days for the cut to look good. so go early in the week so you're looking just right for the weekend. 8)

3. I actually routinely go to my barber on a Friday. I get my haircut every two weeks because of the buzzcut that I get. Maybe it's because it's really easy to cut my hair (1 on the sides, 1 1/2 on top), but I've never had a problem with a Friday haircut.

4. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Inky, Inky, Inky. You live in the South and you get your haircut on Friday? C'mon, man. All respectable Southern gents report to the barber early on Saturday morning. Right?

*I'll be hitting the barber at about 8 in the a.m.

5. John

John Well-Known Member

I just go in every two weeks and get the Staubach. [/hankhill]

6. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

What is a barber?

7. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

*shakes head*

8. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Dead horse.

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

As most people who know me will tell you, I'm not all that respectable.

10. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

If you had no legs, would you be inquiring about the latest styles and innovations in running shoes? Of course not. There's nothing here to concern you with, buddy. ;)

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Got mine cut by a barber on Wednesday morning.. Ms. Slappy is still bitching that it was cut too short.

Draft saved Draft deleted