1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Freep's Hunke named publisher at USA Today; New Freep publisher/editor

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Hank_Scorpio, Apr 29, 2009.

1. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Hunke moves up the ladder to USA Today publisher.

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=200990428045

Which makes Susie Ellwood the new CEO of Detroit Media Partnership and Paul Anger the new publisher and editor of the Freep.

http://freep.com/article/20090429/BUSINESS06/90429048/3+promoted+to+key+roles+at+Free+Press++DMP

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Susie Ellwood... I weep.

3. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

4. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

In the midst of all this crap, though, Paul Anger remains one of the good people in this business in my mind. If I was at a paper and hanging on by my fingernails, he's one of the people I'd be wanting to help find a way to make the best of the situation.

5. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

I liked him too when I interviewed with him -- though, rats, he didn't hire me. I just hope he sees this promotion as the challenge of his lifetime and comes with real, bold, smart ideas for tactics worth trying, the sense to see and scrap those that aren't, and some real lines in the sand to draw, as a journalist and a man, when Gannett pushes too far.

6. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

Paul doesn't waste anything. The accomplishments in Miami weren't from extravagance like some sports sections of that era, but from getting the most out of pretty lean space and staffing.

Draft saved Draft deleted