1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Freeman's column on Mcfadden

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Omar_dont_scare, Feb 29, 2008.

1. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

If anything, I would think this would speak to his ability to detect the spread, find the hole, and penetrate. Everything you want a good RB to do. So why punish him?

2. lono

lono Active Member

Brian Jones of The Rolling Stones fathered three different children by the time he turned 18 and look how big a star he became.

3. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

One sentence that raised an eyebrow:

"The problem is, if he has difficulties using condoms now, just wait until he joins the NFL."

I needed three aspirin after trying to wrap my head around that.

4. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Freeman's been reaching lately. His columns on Fulmer and McFadden reached WAY too far. Blogs have ripped apart the Fulmer column, and for good reason.

http://www.sundaymorningqb.com/story/2008/2/26/123734/999

I get it. Freeman wants to make a difference. Good for him. Just don't reach to make points.

5. Ira_Schoffel

Ira_Schoffel Member

Wow. That Fulmer column was ... interesting.

So the key to landing one of those big-time Web columnist jobs is screaming something more outlandish than the other guys?

6. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

Welcome to the "Around the Horn" era of sportswriting.
    That Fulmer column was scary bad, with volume and shrillness to boot.

7. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Correction: Tennessee fanboy blogs have ripped the column. I have no problem with his Tennessee column. He hit that nail on the head.

Draft saved Draft deleted