1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Freelancer will be in Tuscaloosa, Ala., on Friday, May 27

Discussion in 'Freelance/stringer help available' started by Jim Mashek, May 26, 2011.

1. Jim Mashek

Jim Mashek New Member

Ladies, gents:

I'm at the SEC baseball tournament right now in Hoover, Ala., and am working on the freelance phase of my career, in addition to launching my own web site.

On Friday, May 27, however, my plan is to be in Tuscaloosa, Ala., about 50 miles from here, to do some reporting on the tornadoes and how it affected the people, the town and its infrastructure. I have plenty of experience in this regard having written Metro columns for two months at the Biloxi newspaper in 2005.

My own residence in Pass Christian was folded in half. Helped me deal with what happened.

It looks like I'll be in Jackson, Miss., on Saturday, or returning to the Gulf Coast. I plan to talk to people on the street, more than government officials, because of my familiarity with doing stories that way. Just find the story, knowing they're out there.

If you're interested in something that relates to Tuscaloosa, and/or the University of Alabama, feel free to PM me or visit jimmashek.com. The web site is under construction but I can receive email from there.

Thanks.

Jim Mashek

Draft saved Draft deleted