1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Freelancer/stringer available near Greenville, S.C.

Discussion in 'Freelance/stringer help available' started by Rudyscribe, Aug 14, 2012.

1. Rudyscribe

Rudyscribe New Member

I am available for coverage of college football in portions of South Carolina, North Carolina and Georgia during the 2012 season. I live in Greenville, SC, near I-85 - about 150 miles northeast of Atlanta, 100 miles southwest of Charlotte and 100 miles northwest of Columbia.

I acquired almost 40 years of daily newspaper experience with Greenville, SC, newspapers before taking a buyout from Gannett in April, 2012.

I'm about two miles from Furman and about 30 miles from Clemson and Wofford.

Other DI schools within reasonable driving range (I'd appreciate some additional $ to help pay for gas):

In South Carolina: Presbyterian, South Carolina, South Carolina State.
    In North Carolina: Appalachian State, Gardner-Webb, Western Carolina.
    In Georgia: Georgia, Georgia State, Georgia Tech.

On DII level, I'm close to North Greenville.

Benedict, Brevard, Mars Hill and Newberry are other DII possibilities, but at a greater distance.

I'd also consider coverage of NFL's Falcons & Panthers and MLB's Braves.

I already have jobs lined up for Sept. 1 & 15 but other dates are open.

You can see examples of my writing at my blog: palmettostatebaseball.blogspot.com

Contact me at: rudyscribe (at) gmail.com

Thanks

Draft saved Draft deleted