1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Freelancer needed for HS basketball showcase in Duncanville, Texas, on Nov. 28

Discussion in 'Freelance/stringer help wanted' started by JoshBarnett, Nov 21, 2015.

1. JoshBarnett

JoshBarnett Member

USA TODAY High School Sports is looking for a freelancer to cover two games during the Thanksgiving Hoopfest event at Sandra Meadows Arena in Duncanville, Texas, on Nov. 28.

Games times are scheduled for 5:30 pm ET and 10 pm ET, although this is an all-day event so the times could be a bit flexible.

We would be looking for 800 words or so per game with a more feature-oriented approach for our national preps platform.

Please contact Josh Barnett at jabarnett@usatoday.com if interested.

2. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

A basketball event in Duncanville not named in honor of Greg Ostertag is a travesty. Pass.

3. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Is that his hometown? Hope that guy is doing OK and doesn't weight 400 lbs now.

4. da man

da man Well-Known Member

I remember covering a high school baseball game in the area years ago and noticing the home plate umpire was incredibly tall. I mentioned that to one of the school officials and was told that was Greg Ostertag's father.

Sports Guy likes this.
  5. Sports Guy

Sports Guy Member

I covered a summer baseball game 22 years ago in Duncanville and I noticed Greg Ostertag in the stands before the game. A tall home-plate umpire walked over to talk to him and I realized right away that it was Ostertag's father.

Draft saved Draft deleted