1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Freelancer Available in the Columbus, Ga. area.....

Discussion in 'Freelance/stringer help available' started by JosephC.Myers, Nov 12, 2014.

1. JosephC.Myers

JosephC.Myers Active Member

Good evening, folks. It's been a minute since I've been on SportsJournalists.com, but I wanted to come back on here to see how everyone was and to throw this out there.
    If you're needing something covered in the Columbus, Ga. area (which does include all the way from Atlanta, Newnan and LaGrange to the north, west to Phenix City, Montgomery or Auburn, Ala., east to Macon or south to Albany or thereabouts), I'm the guy you need to talk to.
    My name is Joseph Myers. I'm currently in the Army (Active Duty) as a Behavioral Health Technician Non-Commissioned Officer (E-5 Sergeant type) at Fort Benning, Ga., but before I joined the Army in November 2010, I was a sports writer for several different newspapers in Georgia and Tennessee from 1995-2010, including The Leaf-Chronicle in Clarksville, Tenn., The Daily Citizen in Dalton, Ga. and The Rome News-Tribune in Rome, Ga. Some people on here may know me from my time at those newspapers.
    I have more than 19 years of experience as a sports writer and have produced game stories, features, notebooks and other pieces on tight deadlines with strict word counts. I've covered every level of sports from the team going to the Little League Softball World Series to Division I college football to minor league baseball and hockey (I'm currently the beat writer for the Columbus Cottonmouths for The Ledger-Enquirer here in Columbus, for whom I do most of my work).
    I've had stories recently published by The Ledger-Enquirer in Columbus, The Macon Telegraph, The Times in Gainesville, Ga. and by Sherdog.com, which is one of the top Web sites covering the sport of mixed martial arts. The bottom line is this: whatever kind of story you want done, I'll get it done for you. I'll get it done on time and I'll get it done well.
    I do have references and work samples available upon request. Should any of you need to reach me, you can message me on here or send an e-mail to JosephC.Myers@Yahoo.com and I'll reply as soon as possible. Thank you for taking the time to read my pitch and have a good evening....

Draft saved Draft deleted