1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Freelance Writers—Atlantic Publishing Company

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Italian_Stallion, Dec 5, 2007.

1. Italian_Stallion

Italian_Stallion Active Member

I happened across a jj.com listing for this a few days ago.

I sent in some clips and expressed interest in supplementing my income with whatever they had to offer. I got an e-mail this morning explaining that they wanted me to review some of their books and post the reviews to Amazon. They told me they're willing to pay $50 for three book reviews. The books average 288 words, supposedly. Is that reasonable? It didn't seem to be.

In any case, here's the listing:

Atlantic Publishing Company is a leading publisher in the business, finance, real estate, and hospitality areas. We are searching for freelance writers who are interested in several types of projects. We have a small project which we need anyone who is interested. Please specify small project when responding. We also need writers for 65K word books on various subjects (real estate, education & studying, new business, small business, nonprofit, and others). We would like writers who are interested and would like additional information to e-mail Angela Adams at the e-mail below and provide writing samples. We will provide you with a list of available projects which you can then bid on. Our budgets are limited for these projects.

2. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Strikes me as a strange posting (projects you can bid on?) and an even stranger offer to you. Do they want positive reviews to help sell books on Amazon? Then again $50 to read three books and write three reviews doesn't strike me as an offer I would chase, but maybe that's just me.

Draft saved Draft deleted