1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Freelance Sports Writer Available in the Tulsa Area

Discussion in 'Freelance/stringer help available' started by Alex Shimon Abrams, Feb 12, 2015.

1. Alex Shimon Abrams

Alex Shimon Abrams New Member

I have covered every level of sports, ranging from Friday night football games to the Super Bowl. I recently moved to the Tulsa area, and I am available if your newspaper or website needs help with prep coverage, the WNBA, or college football, basketball, and baseball games. I am also available to assist with coverage of the Big 12 Baseball Championship, which will be held in Tulsa in late May.

I spent more than 10 years as an award-winning sports writer and columnist, first with The Florida Times-Union in Jacksonville, Fla., and most recently as the Assistant Sports Editor at Northwest Arkansas Newspapers. I also spent three years (2006-09) as the University of Arkansas football beat writer for The Morning News of Northwest Arkansas, in which I covered events ranging from the Southeastern Conference Championship Game and the Cotton Bowl to the Heisman Trophy Ceremony and the NFL Draft in New York.

Feel free to contact me at abramsalex@rocketmail.com if I can help your section or website in any way.

Draft saved Draft deleted